Since you’re arrived at this page, you have probably decided that one of these baby video monitors is the best video baby monitor for you … but which one? They are both top of the range baby monitors so you can be confident that you’ve made a responsible choice. If your baby makes noises in the middle of a nap time when you are expecting that they should be sleeping soundly, you can know exactly what is going on – by sound AND sight. You may be able to settle them by using the monitor rather than having to go in and disturb them. There are just so many advantages of owning a video baby monitor.
You will find all the details for both the Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor and the Summer Baby Monitor (BabyTouch) on other pages of this site. There are many similar features. This post however is looking more at the differences between the two very popular baby video monitors.
Compare Features Here…
Motorola 3.5″ Summer Infant
|REVIEW THEN CLICK BELOW
||3.5″ or 2.8″(cheaper)
|Out of range Alert
|Camera Range of View
|Auto Video Off
||~ 3 minutes
|Parent Unit Belt Clip
|Lullabies Built In
||Yes – 5
|Room Temp Display
*Amazon is still running a special promotion on both of these monitors giving you 90 days to return without paying shipping costs.
The Motorola Video Baby Monitor – Four Different Sizes
The price displayed above reflects that for the 3.5″ monitor. However the 2.8″ monitor costs quite a bit less at around $180. The 2.8″ model has all the same features as the larger monitor except that the camera on the smaller model doesn’t have the pan, tilt and zoom features of the 3.5″. Motorola then have two much cheaper video monitors again: 1.8″ and 1.5″.
Click here to get the full rundown on all four Motorola video baby monitors.
The Summer Baby Monitor Has Touch Screen Technology
The touch screen technology for the Summer Baby Monitor is a nice feature if you like the idea of swiping the screen to manipulate the camera. You still need to use buttons to reach the menu, however.
In fact some people have expressed concerns about activating the monitor by accidentally touching the screen, however this would not happen. The touch screen can only be activated by pressing a menu button.
Check Here to read a full review of the Summer Infant BabyTouch Color Video Monitor
Other Special Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor Features
- The Motorola Baby Monitor is reported to have a much more robust feel to it, particularly the docking cradle.
- The Motorola signal has data encryption technology which makes it more resistant to interference from other wireless devices around the house. More the point – it will interfere LESS with those other devices. There have been reports that the Summer Video Monitor, among many others will interfere with your router and even slow internet download speeds.
- The Lullaby feature is especially handy if you want to leave your little one with the soothing sound of a lullaby as you leave the room.
Other Special Summer Video Monitor Features
- The Summer baby monitor is reported to have much easier buttons to use than the Motorola – especially if you are awoken during the night and want to feel for buttons in the dark.
- The fact that the camera view is wider than the Motorola baby monitor means that you don’t need to pan the camera at all to get a good view of a larger area of the baby’s room, compared to the Motorola.
- Having the belt clip is reported as being extremely handy.